Agent Shopping Pete Townshend's Memoirs

Bruce Kawakami bkawak at charter.net
Thu May 12 20:15:17 UTC 2011

On 5/12/2011 2:56 PM, Jim M wrote:
> So, I know I got an email about this, but I can't fine it.  I think it came from thewho.com, but I'm not sure.  Does this mean Pete's too busy working on his book to tour with Roger?  "Crains" seems to be a subscription site. I wonder if there are any more details there?
>
> Jim M
Pete's Tinnitus is bothering him again and he says he won't tour as long
as it does.  My guess is he just doesn't want to tour period especially
with The Who and doesn't "need" to.   Of course Roger wants to tour as
I'm sure he can see that he won't be able to down the road with his
voice issues.

I question the ability of Roger to pull off this tour as well.  These
are much larger venues than his last tour.  I saw Roger at the Ryman in
Nashville that has a 2,000 capacity and at best it was three quarters
full.  The ampitheatre in Alpharetta holds 12,000 people just shy of the
13,000 venue the Who played in town in 2006.   I don't think there is
any way Roger can draw anything close to filling 10,000 seat venues.

Bruce