Discographies - The Who's Studio Albums reviewed in 140 characters.

Martin Bailey Martin.Bailey at netsoltech.com
Thu Mar 24 16:51:49 UTC 2011

Jim M asked:

> Are they calling Tommy "overrated"??

By my maths, yes.  It's probably the only review here that I would strongly disagree with.

> The Who: 1 mods; 2,3 modular; 4 overrated; 5 overplayed; 6 "remember
> mods?"; 7,8 drunken sods; 9,10 tiresome clods; 11 okay, against odds.

I like the reviews of Quadrophenia: "remember mods?"

And the most concisely accurate review of Endless Wire ever: "okay, against odds."

It's a bit harsh to lump "The Who By Numbers" and "Who Are You" albums together (although "drunken sods" is funny).
These are two of the most different - and yet consecutive - albums of The Who's career.

-MB