Foo Fighters release Young Man Blues cover

Martin Bailey Martin.Bailey at netsoltech.com
Fri Mar 18 14:09:41 UTC 2011

>From http://www.planetrock.com/newscentre/rock-news/foo-fighters-to-release-covers-album-1628

The Foo Fighters are releasing a vinyl-only (sob) album of cover versions.
It's a great song selection.
I've got their versions of Band on the Run, Baker Street, Have A Cigar and I Feel Free already.

But, of most interest to us: it contains the version of Young Man Blues, which they recorded live at The Who's Rock Honors tribute, back in 2008.

-MB

Monday, March 14th 2011 00:00

Special vinyl only release for Record Store Day

Medium Rare is released as a vinyl only album on Record Store Day on 16 April.
It contains covers of acts such as Cream, Thin Lizzy, Pink Floyd and The Ramones.

'Band on the Run' was recorded for Radio 1 in 2007,
'I Feel Free' appeared as a B-side to 2005's 'DOA',
'Life of Illusion' came packaged with 2002's
'Times Like These' single (drummer Taylor Hawkins sings),
the band performed 'Young Man Blues' at 2008's Rock Honors,
'Darling Nikki' hit radio in 2003 (B-side to 'Have It All'),
'Down in the Park' surfaced on a compilation for The X-Files in '96,
'Baker Street' appeared as a B-side to 'My Hero',
'Danny Says' is another B-side from the One by One era,
'Have A Cigar' originally appeared on 2000's Mission:Impossible 2 soundtrack,
'Never Talking to You Again' is also culled from 2002 (B-side to 'Low'),
and 'Gas Chamber' was included on 2004's Rock Against Bush, Volume 2.

Medium Rare Tracklist:
01. Band on the Run (Paul McCartney & Wings)
02. I Feel Free (Cream)
03. Life of Illusion (Joe Walsh)
04. Young Man Blues (Mose Allison)
05. Bad Reputation (Thin Lizzy)
06. Darling Nikki (Prince)
07. Down in the Park (Gary Numan)
08. Baker Street (Gerry Rafferty)
09. Danny Says (The Ramones)
10. Have A Cigar (Pink Floyd)
11. Never Talking to You Again (Hüsker Dü)
12. Gas Chamber (Angry Samoans)
13. This Will Be Our Year (The Zombies)