Daltrey Plays Gig With Clash's Mick Jones

Martin Bailey Martin.Bailey at netsoltech.com
Fri Mar 18 13:54:03 UTC 2011

>From http://www.planetrock.com/newscentre/rock-news/roger-daltrey-plays-gig-with-clashs-mick-jones-1653

And here's a (shaky) video of Roger etc playing London Calling.
You can see Roger is holding sheets of paper with the lyrics on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nlMTjzmOrQ

I can't believe how busy Roger has been this week.

	- last Friday: 	The One Show on BBC TV, in London
	- Saturday:		collecting an award in Germany
	- Wednesday: 	opening a new hotel in London, playing with Zak, and members of the Clash and Kasabian.
	- Tomorrow:		entertaining me in Bournemouth

And, in-between all this - rehearsing for TCT with his band.

He shows no sign of slowing down, or retiring.  Ever.

Keep going, Rog,

-MB

Friday, March 18th 2011 00:00

Band open new London hotel

The Who's Roger Daltrey played a surprise gig on Wednesday night in a band that contained The Clash's Mick Jones,
Kasabian's Jay Mehler and former Oasis drummer Zak Starkey.

The musicians performed together at the official premiere of the W London ' Leicester Square hotel last night which saw North,
South, East and West London come together to celebrate.

The group were introduced on stage by supermodel Kate Moss and played several songs, including The Clash's 'London Calling' and
The Who's 'I Can't Explain' at the exclusive W London Calling party.

Roger needed some help to remember the lyrics to some of the tracks, and had them written on a piece of paper which he had in his hand.

He told the crowd "I've been rehearsing for my Teenage Cancer Trust show next week, so I can't remember the words."