ROGER DALTREY IS COMING TO BOURNEMOUTH

Martin Bailey Martin.Bailey at netsoltech.com
Fri Mar 4 10:00:05 UTC 2011

Roger Daltrey solo show?	I'm interested.
Bournemouth?  			That's not that far from me.
On a Saturday night?  		I'm booking a babysitter.

-MB

3rd March, 2011
ROGER DALTREY IS COMING TO BOURNEMOUTH

http://www.thewho.com/index.php?module=news&news_item_id=466

The legendary Who front man is doing a warm up show for his sold out performance of The Who's 'Tommy'
 (in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust at The Royal Albert Hall), playing at the Bournemouth O2 Academy on England's South Coast on March 19th.

Daltrey's band is made up of four American musicians, who toured extensively with him last year on his highly successful US tour,
plus his long time friend and fellow member of The Who, Simon (brother of Pete) Townshend.

"I'm not sure if we'll be ready to play the whole of Tommy by then," says Daltrey, "but the show will feature a lot of Who songs,
some of which The Who rarely if ever perform, plus some of my solo hits and a few surprises.
I'm looking forward to getting some sun and sea air in Bournemouth and playing the old Opera House (now the O2 Academy)".

Tickets, all priced at £26.50, will go on sale at 9am on Monday, March 7 at Ticketmaster
0844 477 2000.