I'm A Boy & Exciting The Who albums question

Martin Bailey Martin.Bailey at netsoltech.com
Wed Jan 26 09:40:47 UTC 2011

Matt asked:

> I have the My Generation & A Quick One Japanese box sets and I was curious
> if it's worth picking up I'm A Boy & Exciting The Who since it seems most of
> the songs are on those two box sets.

I have the "Exciting The Who" - it's the only one of those four Japanese release that I have.

The sound does seem more dynamic than other UK/US versions of the same songs - more "Exciting", in fact.

And it's the only copy of "Waltz for a Pig" that I have.  The Who without The Who; worth having for novelty value alone.

But this was an expensive purchase, when it was first released.  It was quite a treat.  It may cost less now.
I'm sure there's always something else to spend your money on.

-MB