Next Tuesday Toronto '82 streaming on the Wolfgang's Vault

Martin Bailey Martin.Bailey at netsoltech.com
Wed Jan 12 17:29:29 UTC 2011

Scott Keller reminisced:

> I haven't seen the show, but actual CGI as we know it, back in 1984?  Seems like
> that was fairly primitive technology in 1984.

This "CGI" was little better than, say, the graphics of the Space Invaders arcade games of this era.

Think of the blocky graphics on the back of Its Hard:
http://www.freecovers.net/preview/1/3c6dbad800a8de781d2c2f31d4dda053/big.jpg

Maybe the sequence was actually hand-drawn cartoons, made to look like computer graphics.  As in the first Tron film.

Maybe I've remembered wrong.  Maybe I'm mashing up the Its Hard cover and the concert footage in my head.

-MB