Next Tuesday Toronto '82 streaming on the Wolfgang's Vault

Bruce Kawakami bkawak at charter.net
Tue Jan 11 23:30:52 UTC 2011

On 1/11/2011 11:00 AM, Martin Bailey wrote:
> As foretold by Bruce, the Toronto 82 concert has appeared on
> Wolfgang's site today.
>
> http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/the-who/concerts/maple-leaf-gardens-december-17-1982.html
>

> Compared to my Live in Toronto CD, there's three extra tracks:
>
>  8. Behind Blue Eyes 3:33
>  10. Dr. Jimmy 5:07
>  13. Cry If You Want 6:59
>
> Love Ain't For Keeping , Who Are you and Tommy Medley have all
> switched positions.
>
> Having my first listen now.  Quality seems fine (for streaming).  But
> there's an annoying gap between each song.
>
> Full tracklist:
>

> # 1. My Generation 2:58
> # 2. I Can't Explain 2:52
> # 3. Dangerous 3:45
> # 4. Sister Disco 5:28
> # 5. The Quiet One 4:30
> # 6. It's Hard 5:23
> # 7. Eminence Front 5:57
> # 8. Behind Blue Eyes 3:33
> # 9. Baba O' Riley 5:37
> # 10. Dr. Jimmy 5:07
> # 11. Boris The Spider 3:55
> # 12. Drowned 8:37
> # 13. Cry If You Want 6:59
> # 14. Who Are You 6:28
> # 15. Pinball Wizard 2:55
> # 16. See Me Feel Me 4:33
> # 17. Love Ain't For Keeping 3:12
> # 18. 5:15 6:37
> # 19. Love Reign O'er Me 5:03
> # 20. Long Live Rock 5:03
> # 21. Won't Get Fooled Again 5:03
> # 22. Naked Eye 7:01
> # 23. Squeeze Box 2:39
> # 24. Young Man Blues 4:44
> # 25. Twist And Shout 5:17
>

> Full bumpf below.
>
> -MB

This is the complete show in the correct order.  I assume those three
songs were cut for the original VHS release to make the show fit easily
onto a 120m video tape that was standard at the time.  The version I saw
on HBO in 1983 was cut even further down to 90m.   The VHS version was
released on DVD (straight transfer) briefly in 2006 and is now out of
print.