The Who Mailing List Digest, Vol 18, Issue 1

John Hughes pureneasy at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jan 4 19:57:58 UTC 2011

Scott, re

> > Or, maybe Astley believes it actually happened; like Daltrey is
> > convinced that Moon drove that car into the Holiday Inn swimming pool.

I had to chuckle when I read that, Scott. For years and years I steadfastly
believed it had been May 1968 when I saw the Who for the first time and that
Pete had smashed A guitar.

Imagine my absolute shock when I picked up the Who's Concert file in 1997
(!) to discover not only was the concert in APRIL 1968, but Pete smashed TWO
guitars!

> > They say eyewitness testimony is often fraught with inaccuracies.

There have been many studies by law enforcement bodies that show that no two
eyewitnesses to an event will remember the same things.  Not even police
officers.

John