Roger on the Brit Awards 2011

Martin Bailey Martin.Bailey at netsoltech.com
Wed Feb 16 13:47:57 UTC 2011

I didn't see it, but I heard that Roger was at the Brit Awards, which was shown live on UK TV last night.

He presented the best album award to Mumford and Sons.

"It's good to see the British music industry still has enough money for a good booze-up", he said before handing the prize over.

I can't find a video on YouTube to confirm this, but apparently he looked very "out of it" or "drunk".  Or just "senile".
He was on stage towards the end of the evening, so he has an excuse.

He looks fine in this picture:
http://www.contactmusic.com/photos.nsf/main/roger_daltrey_3210332

And he made a joke about a staged riot "reminding him of an early Who gig".  And no one laughed.

-MB