TEENAGE CANCER TRUST ANNOUNCES LINE UP FOR ANNUAL ROYAL ALBERT HALL SHOWS

Martin Bailey Martin.Bailey at netsoltech.com
Mon Feb 7 13:21:59 UTC 2011

The line-up for this year's TCT has been announced.

Roger is planning to play a solo version of Tommy (ie: with his band, but not Pete).
It sounds a bit over-adventurous.
It won't be the same without Pete (or, Moon or Entwistle, obviously.)
I think playing the whole of Tommy is just going to make the crowd miss the rest of The Who.
More so than just playing his normal few Who songs + other cover versions.

Roger is also expected to play "material from Live at Leeds".  Sorry, but that's not news at all.
I would expect Roger to perform either Summertime Blues, My Generation, Magic Bus, or Substitute etc. at any of his live shows.
Sounds more like a marketing opportunity to sell the new Live at Leeds 40th Anniversary package.

In other news: Liam Gallagher's Beady Eye is also playing on the Friday night.
I've read elsewhere that his new band won't be playing ANY Oasis songs at all.
Cue many disappointed Oasis fans.

-MB

Whole story here:
http://www.thewho.com/index.php?module=news&news_item_id=464

The important bit is:
ROGER DALTREY PERFORMS THE WHO'S TOMMY

The highlight for Who fans will be a special performance on Thursday 24 March by Roger Daltrey of The Who's 1969 rock opera TOMMY.
Roger will also perform early hits including material from LIVE AT LEEDS. The album of TOMMY by The Who has sold more than 20
million copies worldwide and was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame for 'historical, artistic and significant' value.

On Friday 25 March, Liam Gallagher (ex-Oasis) will perform with his new band Beady Eye.