Happy WHO Year!

Jim M nakedi at comcast.net
Thu Dec 22 15:05:46 UTC 2011

Spotted this on The Who's Facebook page the other day...

http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=353548

Maybe it IS Quad in 2012 after all?

Jim M

Actually, he was ready to do it almost immediately after a March 2010 performance of the piece that he and Daltrey did during a Teenage Cancer Trust benefit concert at London's Royal Albert Hall.

"Roger wasn't as happy with it," Townshend explained. "He wants to make a few changes to the way it's presented and some of the film images we use, but I'm very happy with the way it is. I think the music comes across beautifully. So I've kind of been waiting patiently."

The guitarist laughed.

"This is a role reversal," he added, "because usually Roger is the one who wants to go on tour and I'm the one who's like, 'Hey, hold up, I've got this to write and this to do.' I'm usually the one that is being nagged, and it's been the other way around. I've been nagging Roger now for quite a time to get this show out, and it looks like now we will probably tour. I'm looking forward to it."