A Concert for Heroes

Martin Bailey Martin.Bailey at netsoltech.com
Thu Sep 9 13:07:00 UTC 2010

I think I've put two different news stories together and worked something out.

I may be wrong but...
I think Roger will be playing a live show on Sunday which is going to be broadcast live on UK TV.
It looks like Roger's paying the Concert for Heroes on Sunday - which is being shown live on BBC1.

But is it just Roger, or is it Pete too?  Ie: The Who (as it stands).

The two news stories are:

Daltrey Urges The Public To Support Troops
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/daltrey-urges-the-public-to-support-troops_1162610

"The rocker is due to play a charity concert in the U.K. next month..."
"The concert in south west London on 12 September ...
will raise funds for the Help For Heroes charity"

A Concert for Heroes
Next on: Sunday, 20:00 on BBC One
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00tt9jp

(Warning! Clicking this link will show a picture of Robbie Williams.)

"An incredible line up of stars from the world of pop and comedy come together to mark the nation's appreciation of its servicemen and women."

"From Twickenham Stadium around 60,000 troops and fans will be entertained by some of the biggest names in pop, including Robbie Williams, Gary Barlow, Alesha Dixon, James Blunt, Pixie Lott, Enrique Iglesias, Sir Tom Jones, The Wanted, Alexandra Burke and Plan B."

No mention of Roger?

"Proceeds from the event will go to the Help for Heroes Charity, which raises funds for wounded service personnel and their families."

-MB