Happy Birthday Giant Whistle!

Joe Lewinski lewinski at icanon.com
Sat Oct 9 10:13:28 UTC 2010

  Hey,

Was listening to Philly's 93.3 WMMR today during
Pierre Robert's workforce blocks.  He did a tribute
to John and The Who in honor of John's birthday.

He played Who Are You (which I didn't catch), My Wife,
905, Boris The Spider and  The Real Me.   Pierre also
played some outtakes from the John Entwistle Band recording
a WMMR promotional spot for the station, and he recalled
a story about his JEB bandmates referring to him as Giant Whistle
of you run his name together in a quick mumble.   Never knew
this...Good stuff.

Find out more about the Quiet One here:

http://thewho.net/Content/Biographies/John_Entwistle.html

Happy Birthday, John!

Joe in Philly

PS.  Still really enjoying Martin's mix of "The Real Roots of The Who"
Besides the fact that The Who covered many of these songs in their
early days, track #2 will be immediately strike you with the thought
of Who aped who!?

Get it here and your life will never be the same:

http://sites.google.com/site/mobaileyorg/Home/music/the-roots-of-the-who