bettye Lavette cashing in on kennedy center performance of who song

Martin Bailey Martin.Bailey at netsoltech.com
Fri May 28 12:30:42 UTC 2010

Ernie pointed this out:

> _Amazon.com:  Interpretations: The British Rock Songbook: Bettye LaVette:
Music_
> (http://www.amazon.com/Interpretations-British-Songbook-Bettye-LaVette/dp/B003A4IFDW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1274762057&sr=1-1)

As Chris said: "thanks for bringing this to my attention."

I just previewed the album on Amazon.  On the most part: Meh.
"Wish You Were Here", for example, is a tragic mistake.

But there's a good knock-on effect of this release.
You can now buy just the MP3 of her Love O'er Me cover.
For just a mere 69p / 99c!

This MP3 sounds like a surprisingly clean quality for a live recording.
Much better than the YouTube video recordings I heard earlier.

As Chris would say: "For 69p, how could I not order it?"

-MB