Happy Birthday, Bijou Drains

Martin Bailey Martin.Bailey at netsoltech.com
Wed May 19 12:27:16 UTC 2010

So Pete is 65 today.

My dad was 65 on the 13th May; both were born in London in the same week.

My dad retired on his 65th Birthday.  That's the day I would want to retire too.  Glad to see Pete's not even considering it.
May he never slow down.

I checked Pete's birthday on Wikipedia.  This bizarrely listed his alias as "Bijou Drains".
I'd not heard that name before.  It was the pseudonym he used whilst producing (and playing bass with) Thunderclap Newman.

I think the Wiki site gives undue prominence to a little-known alias he just used once though.

-MB

>From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Townshend :   (look at the banner on the right hand side)

Background information
Birth name		Peter Dennis Blandford Townshend
Also known as 	Bijou Drains
Born 			19 May 1945 (1945-05-19) (age 65)
			London, England