When You're Strange

Martin Bailey Martin.Bailey at netsoltech.com
Fri May 14 08:20:37 UTC 2010

SCHRADE in Akron said:

> PBS showed the new Doors documentary last night
> on their American Masters program.  The doc is called
> When You're Strange & it's narrated by Johnny Depp.

I've been looking forward to this new film for a while.  I've been getting into the Doors a lot lately, having just bought their last few remastered albums cheaply.

The film's soundtrack looks good too - looks like a mix of Doors songs and Depp narrative.

> No Who footage but there's a scene showing Morrison
> milling about with the fans before the show & looking at
> a Who program on sale for a buck!

Ah yes, I know the clip.  It was on another Doors documentary I watched on DVD a few weeks ago.

> I've seen the footage before & I always think, "Man, I'd
> love to have that program."

Never mind the program.  I'd love to have been at the show!  The Who PLUS The Doors in one night!

-MB