When You're Strange

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Fri May 14 01:46:00 UTC 2010

PBS showed the new Doors documentary last night
on their American Masters program.  The doc is called
When You're Strange & it's narrated by Johnny Depp.

I was pretty disappointed in the documentary itself but
there is a segment from the Singer Bowl in 1968 when
The Who opened for The Doors.

No Who footage but there's a scene showing Morrison
milling about with the fans before the show & looking at
a Who program on sale for a buck!

I've seen the footage before & I always think, "Man, I'd
love to have that program."  The concert ended abruptly
in a riot.

This new Doors doc has way too much sterile narration
(no offense to Mr. Depp; it was written that way) & it
made me appreciate the brilliance of TKAA.

- SCHRADE in Akron