daltrey says he will write moon biopic himself

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Tue Mar 30 04:53:19 UTC 2010

Roger Daltrey has been for a number of years now trying to get a writer to
pen a Keith Moon movie about the fallen drummer's life.
Daltrey takes the biopic seriously and wants to make sure his friend's
story  is properly told.
Daltrey has admitted that he will write the movie himself.
He told the British Star that, "If I sat down for six weeks with a good
writer, I could get it done. I've got it all in pictures in my head. I know
what  the film should look like, the way the narrative should be structured,
but  every time I've left a writer to it before now, they say, 'OK, I see
what you  mean, I know what you want' - and then they go off on a complete
tangent from  what we've agreed because they don't know what it feels like to be
in a  band."
Daltrey continued,  "That is one of the big problems with Keith's life -
it needs to be written by someone who was there."
Daltrey said nothing about who would play Moon, it was once rumored that
Michael Meyers would be playing Moon.