Black Widow's Eyes - very little Who - people are suffering!

Jim M nakedi at comcast.net
Mon Mar 29 20:53:56 UTC 2010

From: "Joe Lewinski" <lewinski at icanon.com>

> On CNN this morning they covered the suicide bombings in
> Moscow.   They referred to the female bombers as "black widows."
>
> First time I heard that out of a Who context.

I was going to post the same thing, Joe.  One internet source I read claimed
they got the name because many of them lost their husbands in the
Russian/Chechen wars.

It's a little eerie, actually.  I thought the original massacre in the
school was a shootout with guns, but the song references bombs ("you touched
some wires and shattered me") and trains ("I rose up through the station").

Jim M