report: townshend's hearing improving

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Tue Mar 23 03:16:29 UTC 2010

In a message dated 3/22/2010 11:12:54 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
JOELTLE515 at aol.com writes:

According to _contactmusic.com_ (http://www.contactmusic.com/) ,  Pete
Townshend's hearing appears to  be improving with the use of  _new
technology_
(http://www.examiner.com/x-24087-The-Who-Examiner~y2010m2d19-Pete-Townshend-
to-t
est-his-hearing)   recommended  by Neil Young's audiologist.
Townshend has been  suffering from tinnitus and partial deafness for a
number of years  and the tinnitus has been getting worse over the past  few

years.
It has made it very difficult for Townshend to go  into the studio,  let
alone play live.
Townshend feared the Who's  days were numbered, however if everything goes
right with the ear  monitors on March 30th at the concert for _The Teenage
Cancer Trust_
(http://www.examiner.com/x-24087-The-Who-Examiner~y2009m12d14-Who-caresThe-T
eenage-Cancer-Trust)  , the Who  should be able to carry on.
The 64 year old guitarist  remains confident as he said, "I am  testing out
some studio and  stage in-ear monitor systems and wearing a Phonak  hearing
aid almost  all the rest of the time. I feel I’ve been reborn in some
ways."

::Sigh:: let me try and improve this post:

According to contactmusic.com, Pete Townshend's hearing appears to be
improving with the use of new technology recommended by Neil  Young's