daltrey rocks atlanta

Jim M Nakedi at comcast.net
Wed Mar 17 17:41:28 UTC 2010

From: "O'Neal, Kevin W." <Kevin.ONeal at vtmednet.org>

>>Jim M
>>daltrey rocks atlanta
>>
>>Hear that, Jimmy Page?  Get him while he's hot!!!
>>
>>They should make that blues record with T Bone Burnett. That probably has
>>the potential to be bigger than anything The Who could do, or have done
>>since It's Hard, for that matter.
>
> Scott, is that you?

What, did I sound like Schradelhumbugsourpuss or something?

Let me explain what I was thinking.  The Who are not a commercial draw
anymore.  As much as I'm sure I'd love a new Who album, it's not going to
sell much.  For whatever reason, the Classic Rock industry can not get
enough of anything Led Zeppelin.  The longer they don't play together, the
more their legend grows.  So, anything with Jimmy Page will automatically
draw more attention than anything by The Who.  Next, there's the cover album
phenomenon.  Older acts have had much more luck selling albums of standards
than new material.  Plus, that old blues music would be going back to both
Roger & Jimmy's roots and would work well for Roger's voice.  On top of all
that, the album could be made in no time, so it wouldn't interfere with
anything The Who might do.  In fact, it could drum up some publicity for it.
As far as recent Oscar winner T Bone goes, I think he'd be much more likely
to get involved in a Page/Daltrey project than a Who one, with Pete's ego
and all that goes along with it.  I'm telling you, the album I'm describing
has the potential to be BIG.  Like Grammy awards big.

Jim M