so, what happened at the who tribute at carnegie hall?

Martin Bailey Martin.Bailey at netsoltech.com
Thu Mar 4 13:34:12 UTC 2010

Jim M said:

> Does she play at all of these tributes, or something?  I went looking to see
> if there are any videos and got hits for her playing in the REM and Bruce
> Springsteen events.

By "her" I assume you mean Patti Smith.

I was just searching YouTube for "carnegie hall" - and Patti Smith kept appearing throughout the results.
She gets everywhere.

Here's some links of the show, most of which can't be recommended though.

The Gaslight Anthem @ Carnegie Hall (March 2, 2010) (incomplete)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bRI4w9rv8o

Rubbish recording

Patti Smith "My Generation"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq3L8ub4MMM

Rubbish singing.

Bettye LaVette "Love Reign O'er Me"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fxPXcTgCmQ

Nice.  Again.  Disappointing that she didn't attempt another Who song this time.
Behind Blue Eyes, Sunrise or something.

Various Artists: Asaf Avidan, Bettye LaVette, Bob Mould, Bobby McFerrin, Fab Faux, The Gaslight Anthem, Jason Isbell, Kaki King, Living Colour,...    - "Won't Get Fooled Again"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37Qft2x95MU

How many people on stage?  Only 2 of them attempted the scream at the end.  Looked like fun.

-MB