so, what happened at the who tribute at carnegie hall?

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Thu Mar 4 06:55:59 UTC 2010

Last night a number of artists payed tribute to the music of The Who at New
York's Carnegie Hall. The show was an overwelming success.

Punk rocker Patti Smith, before kicking into the Who classic My
Generation, said to the crowd, “O Carnegie Hall, forgive me for what I am about to do.”

Rockers Living Colour performed a funked up version Eminence Front from the
Who's 1982 album, It's Hard.

Here is the complete setlist from last night:

Overture” from “Tommy,” Steve Bernstein and the Music Unites Choir
“Eminence Front,” Living Colour
“I’m a Boy,” Sondre Lerche
“Pinball Wizard,” Kaki King
“I Can’t Explain,” the Postelles
“Naked Eye,” Asaf Avidan
“Young Man Blues”/”Old Man Blues,” Mose Allison
“I Can’t Reach You,” Bob Mould
“The Song Is Over,” Nicole Atkins
“Love Ain’t For Keeping,” Rich Pagano and the SugarCane Cups
“I Can See For Miles,” Raul Midón
“My Generation,” Bobby McFerrin
“The Seeker”/”Sparks,” the Smithereens
“The Real Me,” Matt Nathanson
“Love, Reign O’er Me,” Bettye LaVette
“Behind Blue Eyes,” Jason Isbell
“We’re Not Gonna Take It!”, the Fab Faux
“The Kids Are Alright,” Willie Nile
“Her Man’s Been Gone”/”Substitute,” Robyn Hitchcock
“Baba O’Riley,” the Gaslight Anthem
“My Generation,” Patti Smith
“Won’t Get Fooled Again,” Ensemble

full review & photos: