the who isle of wight 1970 CD re-release in August

Martin Bailey Martin.Bailey at netsoltech.com
Tue Jul 13 08:15:31 UTC 2010

Ernie said:

> According to thewho.com the Who's legendary June 29, 1970 performance at

Where it is on thewho.com?  I can't see anything on the homepage / news / general forum.

Is this a hoax / mistake that's now been retracted?

> the  Isle of Wight will be re-released on CD on August 10, 2010.

The story so far, as I can work it out:

The CD was originally released in the 90s (black cover, White Who logo).

Then release last year (very similar black cover, but with red white and blue Who logo).

Earlier this year, another version was released with a very different brown cover (to tie in with similar Blue Ray and DVD release).

Amazon (UK) now has another new import version listed for August 10th release - same brown cover again.

All seems completely unnecessary.  The songs are always the same.  There's no apparent difference to any of these.

-MB