'the who' almost did coachella and new orleans

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Sun Jan 31 05:34:25 UTC 2010

As reported by Alex Young of The Consquence of Sound, Pete Townshend told
Billboard that originally The Who was to play this year's Coachella Festival
and New Orleans Jazz Festival, but the band has since decided not to do
either festival.

The Super Bowl halftime performance, scheduled for next week was originally
going to kickoff a very big summer touring season for the Who.

Townshend explained to Billboard the reason for not doing the
festivals was, “We were going to play at Coachella, the New Orleans Jazz festival, we had
all kinds of things planned, so I persuaded Roger [Daltrey] we should do
the Super Bowl to kick those events off. And then decided that I couldn’t do
that work later this year because I felt I had to continue to write."