daltrey's influence on Joss stone

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Thu Jan 28 05:48:14 UTC 2010

Soul singer, Joss Stone, told Contactmusic that she has Roger Daltrey to
thank for her new outlook on life. According to Stone, Daltrey made her
realize that money is unimportant compared to the thrill of performing.

The 22 year old singer publicly has been battling with her record label and
bosses over the delay of the release of her latest album, Colour Me Free.

After a pleasant conversation with Daltrey, Stone, instead of being tangled
up with record company battles, will concentrate on her music.

According to Contactmusic, Stone said about her conversation with Daltrey,
"I was talking to Roger Daltrey the other day and he told me he felt so
sorry for my generation of musicians. He said, 'When I was your age, all we did
was get on stage and sing. Now you all have to sit in meetings. That's not
music.'  Stone continued, "It's true - that's about money. I don't care about
money. As long as I have enough to live on, I'm happy. I don't need a
Learjet to prove I can sing."