will.i.am remixes MG for haiti relief efforts

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Wed Jan 27 10:49:39 UTC 2010

from thewho.com:

A fresh remix of The Who's "My Generation" is coming to raise money for
Haitian earthquake relief. The Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am. tells Billboard.com
that he was commissioned to remix the iconic 1965 rock anthem, which will
air during the Super Bowl XLIV broadcast on Feb. 7 -- where the Who is
performing at halftime -- and then go on sale via iTunes.

"It's the Who, their song, and then I altered the lyric to fit my
generation now and then have Slash on it," will.i.am says. "It was awesome. I loved
that song way before this even came up, and talking to Pete Townshend on the
phone is like, 'What?! I'm talking to Pete Townshend on the phone?!' That
was awesome, being able to just hear their advice and everything. Those guys
are just awesome."