BULLETIN: Townshend reveals the Super Bowl setlist

Jim M nakedi at comcast.net
Tue Jan 26 13:57:25 UTC 2010

From: "Martin Bailey" <Martin.Bailey at netsoltech.com>

> No - I don't think so.  I don't think that The Who will say ANYTHING for
> the whole 12 minutes that they're on stage.

Right.  I was thinking more like a 15 second promo just before or after they
play.  A little montage, similar to the one they used to promote the half
time show, but saying something like, "coming...on tour...in 2010...."
Otherwise, all they're getting out of this is a few greatest hits cd sales.

> I think 2011 will be the earliest they tour - ie: after they after some
> Floss songs to play.)

It all depends on Floss.  If they want to have a CD in the can before
touring, then yes.  But I think the tour will override any plans for an
album; it always does.  Roger wants to tour *this year*.  He'll talk Pete
into it.

Jim