daltrey picks his fav album & performer of 2009

Martin Bailey mobailey at ntlworld.com
Sat Jan 23 10:36:48 UTC 2010

> According to the January issue of "MOJO" Magazine, Roger Daltrey's
> favourite
> album of 2009 was "Lungs" by Florence and the Machine.

I've got a copy of this album on my PC.

It's OK.  Like all decent albums at the moment, it's got just 3 or 4 good
songs on it:

    - "Dog Days are Over" has you clapping along.

    - as the name suggests, "Drumming Song" has some good drums on it.

    - "Kiss with a Fist" is like an adrenaline-filled Kate Perry (that's a
good thing).

    - "You've got the Love" (bonus song) is an improvement over the Candi
Staton version.

Thinking about this has made me realise what an abysmal year for music 2009
was.

As well as  the above, there's only two other albums from 2009 which I'm
still going to be listening to next year:

    - Kasabian: West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum

    - Muse: The Resistance

-MB