perhaps they're giving us a clue?

joeltle515 at aol.com joeltle515 at aol.com
Fri Jan 22 03:45:27 UTC 2010

In a message dated 1/21/2010 10:29:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
nakedi at comcast.net writes:

> I don't think Bruce or Tom Petty had anything thematic like that.  Maybe
> it'll just be a regular stage with pyrotechnics.

petty had a large arrow that went through a heart shaped stage on cue when
the first song began.  obviously, people looking for something controversial
thought the arrow was a phallic symbol.

the question about the staging is something I asked this list about when
the news of "the who" playing the show first broke.

springsteen didn't have an elaborate stage. just pyro.

since seeing "the who" is pretty much like seeing tom petty and the
heartbreakers these days, with the exception that the who's music is more of an
anthemic nature, their staging might be similar.