THE WHO'S GREATEST HITS LIVE - AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY ON ITUNES

jimthewhofan at aol.com jimthewhofan at aol.com
Tue Jan 19 19:34:10 UTC 2010

>>I just remembered that my brother-in-law has itunes.Maybe I can pay him to
download this for me and burn them to disc.I'm still old school and don't play
mp3's...lol.I wonder how many of us on here are still like that????<<

 I was, until this past Christmas, when my daughter got me an Ipod. Now I'm a downloading fool.

I doubt I'll download the whole album, though, though I see I have to in order to get the Charlton material.

I just remembered that my brother-in-law has itunes.Maybe I can pay him to
download this for me and burn them to disc.I'm still old school and don't play
mp3's...lol.I wonder how many of us on here are still like that????

> From: hapijac at msn.com
> To: thewho at igtc.com
> Subject: RE: THE WHO'S GREATEST HITS LIVE - AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY ON ITUNES
> Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:04:38 -0500
>

> I don't have a mp3 player or itunes this sucks.I'm surprised they don't offer
this on their site as a deal to sign up or just sell there......they have the
worst marketing sometimes.......Bill

> > From: Martin.Bailey at netsoltech.com
> > To: thewho at igtc.com
> > Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 13:35:40 +0000
> > Subject: THE WHO'S GREATEST HITS LIVE - AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY ON ITUNES
> >
> > from http://www.thewho.com/index.php?module=news&news_item_id=373
> >
> > I hate iTunes.
> >
> > -MB
> >

> > 18th January, 2010
> > THE WHO'S GREATEST HITS LIVE
> >

> > THE WHO'S GREATEST HITS LIVE SPANS THE BAND'S ENTIRE CAREER
> >
> > WITH PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED AND NEWLY MIXED CONCERT RECORDINGS,
> >
> > AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY ON ITUNES
> >

> > The debate over which of the three greatest rock bands--Beatles, Stones and
Who--is the greatest has raged for decades. But there has never been any
argument over which of the three has been the greatest band in concert. The Who
has reigned o'er them all. Now, 22 recordings of the band's biggest and
best-known hits--most of them never widely available or unreleased and 20 of
them newly mixed by the band and its production team--have been collected on
Greatest Hits Live (Geffen/UMe), released exclusively on the iTunes Store on
January 19, 2010. Just a few weeks later, on February 7, The Who will take the
stage once again when the group headlines the Super Bowl XLIV Halftime Show at
Dolphin Stadium in South Florida.

> > Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder has said that "The Who quite possibly remain the
greatest live band ever" (Rolling Stone, 2004) and Greatest Hits Live justifies
that statement with scintillating tracks ranging from 1965 to 2009, from
London's Royal Albert Hall to the San Francisco Civic Auditorium.

> > The excitement and raw energy of singer Roger Daltrey, guitarist Pete
Townshend, bassist John Entwistle and drummer Keith Moon are heard live with "My
Generation" from an early BBC Radio session in 1965 and then in 1970 at City
Hall in Hull, England, with "Happy Jack" and "I'm A Boy," and "Magic Bus." The
Who then move around the world to the San Francisco Civic the following year for
"I Can't Explain," "Substitute" and the melancholy "Behind Blue Eyes." Also from
the '70s are a medley of "Naked Eye/Let's See Action/My Generation" at the
Charlton Athletic Football Club in 1974; "Pinball Wizard," the anthemic "I'm
Free" and cheery "Squeezebox" in Swansea in 1976; and "5.15" and "Won't Get
Fooled Again" at the Capital Centre in Largo, Maryland.

> > Five recordings from the '80s--"I Can See For Miles," "Join Together," "Love
Reign O'er Me," "Baba O'Riley" and "Who Are You"--are from a legendary
performance at the Universal Amphitheatre in California during the band's
triumphant 1989 reunion tour (with Simon Phillips on drums and a horn section).
The following year, The Who was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

> > Following "The Real Me" performed in Watford in 2002, a Royal Albert Hall
benefit performance also that year witnessed a roaring "The Kids Are
Alright"--both with Zak Starkey on drums. Sadly, however, they were among the
final performances with Entwistle, who would pass away that June. The most
recent tracks are "A Man In A Purple Dress" from a 2007 show at the Nassau
Coliseum in New York and a scorching "Eminence Front" (with bassist Pino
Palladino) in Brisbane, Australia, in March 2009.

> > In 2010, The Who enters a new decade still rockin'.
> >
> > THE WHO - GREATEST HITS LIVE
> >
> > 1. I Can't Explain
> >
> > Recorded 12th December 1971, San Francisco Civic Auditorium
> >
> > 2. Substitute
> >
> > Recorded 12th December 1971, San Francisco Civic Auditorium
> >
> > 3. Happy Jack
> >
> > Recorded 15th February 1970, City Hall, Hull, England
> >
> > 4. I'm A Boy
> >
> > Recorded 15th February 1970, City Hall, Hull, England
> >
> > 5. Behind Blue Eyes
> >
> > Recorded 12th December 1971, San Francisco Civic Auditorium
> >
> > 6. Pinball Wizard
> >
> > Recorded 12th June 1976, Vetch Field, Swansea, England
> >
> > 7. I'm Free
> >
> > Recorded 12th June 1976, Vetch Field, Swansea, England
> >
> > 8. Squeeze Box
> >
> > Recorded 12th June 1976, Vetch Field, Swansea, England
> >
> > 9. Naked Eye/Let's See Action/My Generation
> >
> > Recorded 18th May 1974, Charlton Athletic Football Club, South London,
England