THE WHO'S GREATEST HITS LIVE - AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY ON ITUNES

Martin Bailey Martin.Bailey at netsoltech.com
Tue Jan 19 15:33:58 UTC 2010

william sturm said:

> I don't have a mp3 player or itunes this sucks.I'm surprised they don't offer
> this on their site as a deal to sign up or just sell there...

Unfortunately, TheWho.com HAVE already offered this on their site as an enticement to subscribe.
It was called "View From a Backstage Pass".

> ...they have the
> worst marketing sometimes.......

Very true.  I'd expect a deluge of releases to cash in on the Superbowl show.

But what we've had is:

        - a T Shirt based a 30-year album cover (granted: nice shirt though)
        - another new uninspired compilation with the same tired song selection
        - a live compilation made up of other existing live releases which is only available to buy in a poor-quality audio format from a single reseller, which requires hateful software to be installed on my PC, rant, rant.

I can see WHY The Who choose to release it this way (ie: iTunes only):
        - quick release
        - no overheads
        - no marketing required
        - no thought involved.

And: we must remember that there isn't a bottomless pit of unreleased Who material.
As much as we'd all like to wish there was.

> I just remembered that my brother-in-law has itunes.Maybe I can pay him to
> download this for me and burn them to disc.

That's probably the best way to do it.

Although - some of these songs are going to be pretty long.  Probably need 2 CDs.

> I'm still old school and don't play
> mp3's...lol.I wonder how many of us on here are still like that????

I DO have thousands of MP3s on my PC, and a decent MP3 player with a thousand songs.

BUT: I much prefer proper CD releases.  Something tangible.  Better audio quality, etc.
I consider myself the CD-generation.  (I'm 40 next year, as someone gleefully reminded me today.)

Am I starting to sound like the older generation, reminiscing over vinyl?

-MB (foaming at the mouth)