Oh HELL yeah

Alan McKendree amck at thenetdr.com
Mon Jan 11 23:05:29 UTC 2010

> From: "Martin Bailey" <mobailey at ntlworld.com>
> Date: January 8, 2010 2:26:04 AM CST
>
> I thought it was a nice shirt, from the front.
> Nice blurred image.  And that "VIP Pass" is actually part of the
> shirt's design, right?

Right.

> But then I saw the back...
>
> "That's Who".  Sorry, but that's just corny.  There's no way I'd
> wear that; I'd have to keep my coat on.

Having the arrow point to Pete & Roger as The Who works for me.

> As for the autographs:
> That's clearly Pete's signature at the top.  Roger's is hidden
> under the label.  The other big autograph over most of the back
> is... Pino's.

No, things haven't deteriorated that far.  Pete's at the top, Roger's
is all that stuff underneath.  As Cynthia pointed out, what you're
seeing is extra mike swirls.  The microphone at the end looks like
the dot of an "i", and the "y" of Roger's autograph combines with the
tip of the arrow to appear like an "o".

Cheers,
Alan McKendree
Townshend, 1967