daltrey says there'll be a new who album for 2010

jimthewhofan at aol.com jimthewhofan at aol.com
Thu Feb 25 19:35:15 UTC 2010

 >>\I think roger is trying to find some excuse, some way of explaining that he

and pete can continue without keith and John and how everything is "better"
or "as good", and in the process, he's digging that sh*thole deeper and
deeper.  pete is no different. didn't John's mother get angry at him at one
point for saying something that seemed out of line about him? <<

Yes, that John was receiving oral sex when he died.

>>and, I mean, why is it that when John was alive, pete was saying that he
didn't want to go into the studio with the who, blaming his hearing problems
and all that (although, that didn't stop him from playing on mick Jagger's
2001 solo album, but I digress..), then John dies, and then, eventually, they
begin work on a new album? it's as if they were waiting for John to die
before they entered a studio.<<

I have to think it has to do with control.

Now Pete has total control over The Who Brand. Roger is in NO position to dispute Pete. He must largely cow-tow to Pete's whims because without Pete, there isn't anything Roger can do that's worth
listening to.

When John was alive, Pete couldn't have exacted that kind of control because he and John are much more musical equals. Roger is not. He's the face who used to have a good voice.

>>and then, in that "amazing Journey"
documentary, they pretty much bashed John in the later years, "blaming" him for
the reunion tours due to his financial positions. while that's probably
true, the tours did bring pete and roger closer together than ever before so
they COULD continue without him later on, and, as we've hinted on here before,
John's playing only made pete work twice as hard on HIS playing, and what's
so bad about that? any true musician is always looking for ways to improve
his/her craft, whatever it is. John was one such musician.<<

Yeah, I caught that, too. If Pete was doing it to help John, is that such a bad thing? Really? Pete does all this work for charity, so what's wrong with helping out
John? So John couldn't manage money. At least he didn't go looking at child porn (for whatever reason).

Pete can now toss whatever sorts of songs he wants to at Roger and Roger pretty much has to go along. John didn't have to do that, though he  might very well if it meant going on
tour to play out.