daltrey interested in doing album with Jimmy page?

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Wed Feb 24 04:37:45 UTC 2010

According to contactmusic.com (and they're never wrong...), Roger Daltrey
told BBC6 music that  he would like to do an album with Led Zeppelin great
Jimmy Page. Daltrey said, "He (Page) needs a singer to drive him. I'm a great
blues singer".

Daltrey appears to want to get back to basics and perform the blues as he
did prior to joining the Who over 40 years ago. Daltrey said, "I don't sing
the blues with The Who, but that's what I used to be before Townshend started
writing. I used to be a great blues singer."

Jimmy Page has been on record stating that he would like to get Zeppelin
back together, but the other two surviving members of the band are currently
involved with other projects.

Robert Plant is recording another album with Alison Krauss and John Paul
Jones is a member o Them Crooked Vultures with Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters
and Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age.

Page is frustrated that a Led Zeppelin reunion has been so difficult to put
together, but that has not held back his desire to get a new musical
project together this year.

According to contactmusic.com, Page has previously said "Next year (2010) I
have every intention of playing music live and manifesting it. I've got the
music waiting, and that's what I'll be doing."

With the Who's future in question, because of Pete Townshend's tinnitus, a
Daltrey and Plant union may be on the horizon.