Who press conference

Jim M Nakedi at comcast.net
Fri Feb 19 14:46:51 UTC 2010

From: <cfrate at roadrunner.com>

> No, he just said that Roger wanted to mime, but Pete told him that he had
> to play live guitar to get his energy. The interview is downloadable from
> LLR if you want to check it out.

Thanks, Chris.  I had actually been ignoring that interview, because I
thought it dealt mostly with the Superbowl and I didn't need to hear it, now
that the event is over.  It actually doesn't focus on the Superbowl very
much at all, and has a lot of detailed discussion about Pete's current work
and Floss.

Regarding miming, Pete does imply that some bits of the performance may be
mimed, but he specifically says that he and Roger are playing/singing live.
I can only tell you, I believe he's mistaken regarding Roger.  Here's a
transcript of that part:

PT: "Roger was so nervous about the possibility that it might rain, and the
difficulties with getting the sound, that he was hoping that we would mime
and he would mime, and then I said that I was hoping that I'd be able to
play live guitar I felt it would be the only way that...I'm really not good
at acting, so I have to...the guitar has to be plugged in and I have to be
playing really to catch fire.  Roger is singing live now, too.  So it's the
two of us, at least, we're live.  Which is good, cause I think it will be
better."

As I say, this is about 2 minutes of a 30 minute interview.  There's lots of
other bits about their past, present & future, so I recommend it.

Jim M