lipsynching and noodling

Toby Elwin telwin at berklee.net
Mon Feb 15 14:12:19 UTC 2010

Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 19:50:21 EST
From: JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Subject: Re: lipsynching and noodling

> P.S. isn't there anything else out there more worth occupying your minds
> and time than whether or not a band that are only half of what they used to be
> anyway (and I'm not just referring to their lineup), mimed a performance
> during an american football game?
>
> like I said, it was probably for timing reasons. the NFL seems to be more
> concerned about the show being on time as oppose to whether or not the act
> mimed or if even the show itself is terrible or not.  these days, as long as
> there weren't any "wardrobe malfunctions", everything's cool.

Your pronouncement, "isn't there anything else out there worth occupying your minds..." comes across the same way it would at a dinner party during an active discussion where someone says, "isn't there anything else out there worth occupying your minds..." and it is matched by bigjon1's comment "so who cares...we didn't care then...why care now?"  What about you two start a new conversation, if people want to join they will, if not then you can read for a while.  Otherwise, I don't need the conversation police, the conversation will wane its natural way.

bigjon1, yea I know they mimed before.  I don't care, that was the standard in the 60s and 70s and for many now.  I reacted to the people who thought/think this show was mimed, it was not.

Here's one thought for a new conversation, let's talk about what a crap, boring guitarist Pete Townshend is.