pete speaks to "rolling stone" about the superbowl

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Sat Feb 13 02:47:45 UTC 2010

A day after the Who's Super Bowl halftime performance, Pete Townshend spoke
to Rolling Stone Magazine about the overall experience and performance.

Townshend felt that doing the halftime show would be a "great" thing to do
as "it would let people know that we’re alive and kicking and that Roger and
I still do stuff together and intend to do whatever we can in the future
together."

Townshend admitted that he did not feel anything once he reached the stage,
"As soon as I get close to a stage, I feel very at home and very safe and
secure. It feels completely normal" no matter the size of the venue.

Pete revealed that it was Roger and his brother Simon that put together the
medley.  Townshend initially wanted to play "Won't Get Fooled Again", "Who
Are You", and "Baba O' Riley", the CSI songs, in their entirety.

Pete spoke about his first experience at an American football game and
wondered where the cheerleaders were.

The entire interview will appear in Rolling Stone's February 17th issue.
The complete article is up now at http://www.rollingstone.com