Is There a Fix?

Keithjmoon70 at aol.com Keithjmoon70 at aol.com
Thu Feb 11 16:56:12 UTC 2010

>when the who did the CFNY, they weren't in the middle of a tour at the
time
>(in fact, some knuckleheads, namely adam sandler, thought the who  were
>reuniting especially for the occasion, while their last tour ended  only
the year
>before), yet they stole that show completely.    they didn't even need to
do
>a few songs before they got warmed up. they  hit the ground running.

This was a Superbowl halftime show. They put on a great show and were
smiling. I don't think there needs to be a fix other than what Mike brought up
about the voices being louder than the instruments in the mix over the TV
broadcast.  But where I saw it it was loud enough in the room to FEEL the
instruments and it didn't matter. We weren't in denial, we were having a
blast.  There were no crossed arms.

As for the CFNY, it wasn't the same atmosphere.  They had faces to  look
into right in front of them. We were under attack at that moment and  the
audience was filled with people who were in shock having lost  loved ones for no
reason just weeks before.  It was very sober and the  songs they played
came to life because they had the songs that could set those  faces free. They
had the audience's full attention to the point of  tears. That means a lot!
They stole the show because no other band  could do that. The meaning of
the words came out. Just look at Pete's face. He  wasn't wearing sun glasses
there.

But Pete does noodle more than I'd like him to.

Jon in Mi