The Super Bowl

Jim M Nakedi at comcast.net
Tue Feb 9 16:30:07 UTC 2010

From: "Martin Bailey" <Martin.Bailey at netsoltech.com>

> Garrett asked:
>
>> Is it true that the NFL doesn't pay the halftime acts?

> I automatically assumed the answer was "Yes", and imagined a figure around
> the million dollar mark.
> Possibly the most they've ever been paid for a single gig.

I was trying to remember what I've heard and what I assumed.  Did Pete
mention this at all in that interview he gave where he talked about the
plans for 2010 and how he convinced Roger to play the Superbowl?  I can't
seem to find that interview.

> But, either way: they'll make the real money in all the CD and MP3s
> they've sold in the last couple of days.
>
> Think of it this way: they had 12 minutes of free advertising space right
> in the middle of the SuperBowl. Priceless.
> They used it too sell "The Who Product".

I guess that could be worth it.  All the more reason to have a new product
(be it CD or tour) to promote.

Jim M