Superbowl

Joe Lewinski lewinski at icanon.com
Tue Feb 9 05:46:33 UTC 2010

Jon,

I wish I was at your party.   Hiding the remote was brilliant!   That's
so pre-meditated, man.

The best part of The Who's show was the look on their faces.   They were
having fun
doing what they got into this business for - performing, and making
people watch
and listen to them.    They were the center of the world for 12
minutes.   They provided
joy.   Nothing heavy, nothing fluffy, pure, high quality joy.

This was a time for joy.

When U2 played and they listed all the victims of 9/11, it was a time of
sober reality.  That had
a high impact, but it was not full of joy.    I appreciated U2's
performance, but don't
care to revisit it.

The Who, I could watch over and over.   Even Pino was smiling.

Maximum R&B.

Joe in Philly