Is it true that the NFL doesn't pay the halftime acts?

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 9 04:01:33 UTC 2010

I don't know if everyone is unpaid, but there have been several articles since the press conference that mentioned that The Who was not being paid, maybe including a quote from Pete.

However, the Super Bowl pays their expenses, which were astronomical in this case.  I'm suspecting that The Who will get away with that stage--in other words, that would be their fee.  We'll see if makes appearances later on.