will.i.am remixes The Who's "My Generation" : Audio Preview

Martin Bailey mobailey at ntlworld.com
Sat Feb 6 10:46:09 UTC 2010

Hear 30 seconds of it:

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/6922506/17994821

Its not as bad as I feared it would be,  Will's new lyrics (about Haiti),
Slash's guitar and - most importantly - the Who's original music are all
there.

Oh, and thanks to Jim for the heads up about the isolated tracks on YouTube.
I tried a few of them - Young Man Blues bass, etc.

By far the weirdest one I've found so far is this:

Sea And Sand Isolated - Seagulls, Flute and Remaining Instruments
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0FNroThPKc&feature=related

It includes all the sound effects, some big bass drums, but best of all:
both the acoustic and electric guitar.  This is more than listenable just on
its own.

Hmmm... I think a CD of this may be worthwhile...

-MB