The Super Bowl thing

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 2 16:01:07 UTC 2010

>The poor judgment Pete demonstrated in 1999 will be a part of him for the rest of history. But Pete's silence on remarks made about his Super Bowl appearance will not shape Pete's future to any extent.

I'm not talking about the law, but about what people think--along the lines of the sniper comment.  There's been some discussion of how this works in US politics just lately--that is, if you say something enough, then it becomes true for some people, most likely nut cases who might act on what they take as "true."  These people are more likely to watch TV than read newspapers or the Internet, but still, in this kind of environment, it's scary to see all those headlines out there.  When Pete doesn't respond at all, it appears that he accepts this as true, as well.  Luckily the NFL has been responding.