The Superbowl thing

jimthewhofan at aol.com jimthewhofan at aol.com
Tue Feb 2 15:31:08 UTC 2010

>>I don't like Pete's strategy to ignore this.  It's not been widely reported on
radio or TV shows (maybe because fans instantly complained), but it has been
published widely in print media.  There are hundreds of references out there by
now, shaping reality for Pete's future. It's not good.<<

 I agree wholeheartedly with Pete's decision to ignore it. Under the rule of law, which this country proclaims to value, he was not charged or convicted of a crime. The U.S. espouses that it believes in the sovereignty of (most) other nations. Great Britain would be no exception. In recognition of Pete's treatment under British law and our respect of British law, Pete has been dealt with fairly and it's over. There is nothing Pete need say on this account. The facts of of treatment within the British legal system speak all that he might need to say on it.

The poor judgment Pete demonstrated in 1999 will be a part of him for the rest of history. But Pete's silence on remarks made about his Super Bowl appearance will not shape Pete's future to any extent.