Magic Bus at Hull

Martin Bailey Martin.Bailey at netsoltech.com
Wed Dec 29 11:38:43 UTC 2010

SCHRADE wrote this in Akron:

> Or, maybe Astley believes it actually happened; ...
> ....  They say eyewitness testimony
> is often fraught with inaccuracies.

It's surprising that anyone can remember anything that far back.

I can barely remember what I was working on 5 or 10 years ago.

I'm sure the memory plays tricks on them all - especially when considering that The Who
often played the same venue twice in the same year (as per Leeds 1970).
Maybe The Who played Hull on another date around the same year.
And maybe Pete really did play an acoustic Magic Bus on this other date.

Or maybe it was just another Yorkshire University venue, around the same time...
I'm sure they all start to look pretty similar.

I've only seen The Who play live a few times.
And I can't be certain whether Magic Bus was played at each of these concerts.

Astley is lucky enough to see them play hundreds of times.
How can he say, with any certainty, what was played and when?

-MB