1970 Who performance of Tommy at Tanglewood on Wolfgang's Vault

Martin Bailey Martin.Bailey at netsoltech.com
Fri Apr 23 09:29:27 UTC 2010

It took a bit of searching, but I've found the next two Tanglewood tracks on Wolfsgangs Vault.

(They weren't on the previous link, or the Home page, or when searching for "The Who")

"Overture" and "I Can't Explain" now both be found here:

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/blog/

Overture, like Sparks, is excellent.  This could actually turn out to be the best version of Tommy EVER.
Both the playing and the recording sound great.

I Can't Explain is little too "cymbally", which makes it just sound like a big hiss.
But: at least this suggests that the WHOLE SHOW is going to be available on Wolfsgangs Vault, not just the Tommy segment.

The John Entwistle show is currently for sale at an exorbitant $10.  Same price as I would pay for a CD.
There's not much chance that I would pay that for MP3s.
Plus, I already have this bootleg on CD (twice, I think).

But I hope they make these Tanglewood MP3s available to buy.
This sounds like it could be worth it, as it sounds such a good show.

-MB