1970 Who performance of Tommy at Tanglewood on Wolfgang's Vault

Martin Bailey Martin.Bailey at netsoltech.com
Wed Apr 21 07:56:29 UTC 2010

They're previewing Sparks now, and it does sound good.  Actually: very good.

But an internet audio stream is never going to "sound better than Live at Leeds".

And, we all know this isn't really "The Who's Last U.S. Performance of Tommy"

-MB

from:

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/blog/index.php/2010/04/the-whos-last-u-s-performance-of-tommy/

The Who's Last U.S. Performance of Tommy
Published: April 20 2010 By Gavin Haag
and tagged The Who, Tommy

Boy, do we have gargantuan news for you. Next Tuesday, April 27th we will release a legendary, never-before-heard-in-its-entirety 1970 Who performance of Tommy at Tanglewood. Let us say that one more time: this concert has never been released in its entirety! (Phew.)

We have dedicated serious resources to maximizing the quality of this concert and we think it sounds better than Live at Leeds, wha?! Are we crazy? Maybe. We'll let you decide for yourself.

And there's more. Come back Wednesday and Thursday of this week for a sneak peak at two more tracks from the concert. Prepare yourself for the Who!!