report: daltrey might step down as TCT concert organizer

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Sat Apr 17 01:47:34 UTC 2010

According to Look to the Stars, Roger Daltrey may be considering stepping
from his role as organizer of the Teenage Cancer Trust concerts.

 Daltrey, 66, has been organizing the shows for the  last ten years. The
Who, on March 30, performed Quadrophenia to close out this  year's shows.

It has been reported that Daltrey has approached former Oasis guitarist
Noel  Gallagher and Stereophonics lead singer Kelley Jones to assume the
responsibility.
Daltrey is quoted, “I would like to take the model of what we’ve done
here and concentrate on getting it started in other countries now. It does take
 an awful lot of energy. I call it my ‘yearly breakdown’. I would love to
find  someone from a younger generation to take over from me".
Kelley Jones has confirmed that Roger has approached both he and Noel in
the  past, but they never really gave it much thought at this point. Jones
said, "I’ve never really given it as much thought as answering it with a
serious tone. We’ll see. You see what happens in  life.”